Started Aug 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
GregWCIL
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: Denali Sunset while full moon rises over Mt. Brooks
In reply to capturef22, Aug 19, 2013

capturef22 wrote:

GregWCIL wrote:

Well, it is unanimous--the first one is the better photo. Except I entered the second one--more emotional attachment for me as a very special event. Oh well, the judges won't know the first one exists.

I had the moonrise shot printed 2 ft. wide and framed. Its colors will look great in my office. I will probably print the first one a bit bigger and hang it in our great room.

-- hide signature --

greglepper.zenfolio.com

Well, you know what? Much as I like the first (and it is gorgeous!), I think the second is more unique. As a "moment" in photography, to have captured the rays of the setting sun reflecting off the the peak while simultaneously wonderfully capturing the rising moon...well, it sure seems like it was worth the hike and (maybe) putting up with all those damn mosquitoes! I bet it will look wonderful in your office!

Both are stunning, but my vote was the one you submitted. Please be sure to report back on how you do.

Thanks for posting!

-- hide signature --

Thank you for your generous comments. I really think it is a toss-up. My wife likes the first one (she wasn't out there with me), I like the one with the moon (probably because of my personal experience taking the shot.)

I also entered it because the category was "natural light." How much more unique would you find natural light than the combinationf of sunset and moonrise?

-- hide signature --

greglepper.zenfolio.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow