Started Aug 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JamesErik1971
Regular MemberPosts: 268Gear list
Like?
thoughts on 70D based EOS-M
Aug 19, 2013

Some folks can continue hoping for a 70D based EOS-M. I highly doubt that. Remember canon brought you a base model level, 650D sensor EOS-M and tried to charge $800 for it. The premium is on size and build, not performance. Not to mention canon is in this to make money, and no one is going to buy a $1X99, mirrorless system with few lenses (mostly slow zooms), and these things just cost too much to produce. I am sure some folks will always scream they'd buy the moon for a dollar if only canon would sell it to them. Reality is canon and nikon are late to mirrorless and their first offerings were complete and utter commercial failures (great cameras though).

I've been around cameras for a very very long time, and I saw a similar transition happen with digital. Canon and nikon are in a tough spot, and until full frame sensor cameras can sell for $500 they are in a holding pattern. I expect EOS-M2 to be a cheaper (plastic) version of EOS-M, possibly only available in japan and europe, for $499. it would sell like hot cakes.

JamesErik1971's gear list:JamesErik1971's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow