Started Aug 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xpanded
Regular MemberPosts: 320Gear list
Like?
HU / switching from Windows to Mac / older versions of Adobe CS
Aug 19, 2013

CEO summary: you cannot move from Windows to Mac in older versions of Adobe; e.g. CS5 - you have to upgrade to CS6 at this point in time (august 2013).

Two months ago I wrote Adobe's chat support asking them how to "sidegrade" from a Windows version of CS5 to a Mac version and the associated costs. Just contact us and it is for free was the response. Very positive, since one cost of moving to Apple was removed.

I finally got my iMac last week and Saturday contacted Adobe once more to make the sidegrade. Impossible and have been so for 16 months was the response. You will have to upgrade to CS6.

Not exactly content with that response I mailed Adobe's CEO Saturday. This morning I was contacted by a customer representative from Adobe who informed me that the information I had received Saturday was indeed the correct one. However, since I had been informed otherwise by an Adobe employee (or words to the same effect) Adobe would like to resolve the problem by giving me a free CS6 for Mac license. Within the hour the serial number was in my hands and the disc is in the mail.

At almost no cost Adobe turned this situation 180 degrees and made me a satisfied customer. Everybody makes mistakes, the great ones rectify them.

But if you are in the same position as I was last month an upgrade is the only way forward. Or going subscription of course.

/Xpanded

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow