So how did Canon/Nikon come to dominate?

Started Aug 19, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
highwave
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041Gear list
Like?
So how did Canon/Nikon come to dominate?
Aug 19, 2013

The other thread of age groups made me realize a lot of people on this forum might have been around when Canon/Nikon started to dominate the camera market.

When I reflect on the matter of furious rivalry between mirrorless system owners, I've come to think, it's the fear that one mirrorless system will dominate the mirrorrless arena the same way Canon/Nikon did. And by doing so, cause a huge lose in glass investment or at the very least, an extreme slowdown of system development due to low demand.

So, how about it? could those of you around back then shed some light on what happened and how Canon/Nikon dominated? any threats you can extrapolate to today's mirrorless showdown? Where do you think m43 (or u43 as xpatUSA would like) stand?

Anyone else is welcome to chip in as well.

highwave's gear list:highwave's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow