Is there a way to switch from 4-digit filenames?

Started Aug 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zardoz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,249Gear list
Like?
Is there a way to switch from 6-digit filenames?
In reply to Kai Babick, Aug 19, 2013

What was Nikon thinking?! D600 Filenames have only six digits, so when you reach 999.999 it starts at 000.001 again and this is a huge hassle if you want to compile a best of, or something. I absolutely freaking hate Nikon for doing so because it makes sorting my pictures very, very difficult.

Nikon: PLEASE DO 8-DIGIT FILENAMES ON ALL CAMERAS!

QUESTION: Is there a way to set the filenames to seven or eight digit numbers, or do I have to go through this hassle over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

And yes, I have another idea for you Nikon Wuzzies: Dear Nikon-Employees, please tape all digets but the last six of your company/rental cars and tell us how well this works for you!

BTW, I am thinking of turning to Canon and selling all my Nikon-Junk and if Canon does 7 or 8 digit filenames then I'm gone. No reviewer ever pays attention to this problem. I am so freaking pawned about Nikon! Why do you make my life so difficult!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow