E-M1 looking much better than E-M5, and 4/3rds conversion...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,689Gear list
Like?
E-M1 looking much better than E-M5, and 4/3rds conversion...
11 months ago

at least ergonomically it's looking way better. You get a cleaner back with more distinct buttons, you get dedicated sport metering, AF modes buttons though they look dual-dial-mode like the E-3/E-5/E-30 which I wish they were not.  You get the Pen5 dial mode switch.

It looks a bit frankenstein adapting for 4/3rd lenses, I wish the adapter created a more "seamless conversion" making it seem more like an "E-7" of sorts more than "An EM-1 with an adapter to use 4/3rd lenses," but looks like it will do the best AF of any camera ever done by Olympus for 4/3rds lenses.

This camera will be at least $1,500 MSRP (my prediction) body only and with the 4/3rds adapter probably pushed into E-5 MSRP territory ($1,700) body only.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow