E M1 on Fourthirds Rumors

Started Aug 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ROC124
Contributing MemberPosts: 773Gear list
Like?
Thank you Olympus
In reply to drj3, Aug 18, 2013

I'm looking at the new integrated grip on the tripod mounted camera; comparing that right side view to my E-3, the grip shape and contours seem nearly identical to the E-3/5. Not quite as tall given the smaller body, but should still be as superbly comfortable to hold as the E-3, especially with the vertical/battery grip added. Buttons also look more tactile and easier to operate with gloves.

Also noted direct access to burst mode with the top mounted (film rewind!) button on the left side. Thank you again. Hope direct access to bracketing is also available there.

Looking like I may have to buy more MMF-3 adapters for permanent attachment to each of my 4/3 lenses. Would be great if Olympus would offer, at reasonable cost, to exchange the 4/3 mount on those lenses with a screwed-on, permanent m4/3 mount.

The only thing that still gives pause is the EVF. Haven't tried the VF-4, but the VF-2, while having many attractions, has clarity issues for me in too many circumstances, and drains the battery a bit too fast.

-- hide signature --
 ROC124's gear list:ROC124's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow