Mac Mini 2012 photo editing with Dell U2410

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Mac Mini 2012 photo editing with Dell U2410
In reply to JHWJR, 11 months ago

JHWJR wrote:

The Mac Mini 2012 i7 1TB version with drive the Dell 24" fine with nothing extra. Well within its capabilities. I'm using mine to drive a 30" HP monitor to 2560x1600 (though mine required a special $99) cable and an HP 24" LP2465 next to it with the connection that came with the Mac Mini (Late 2012).

The Mac Mini 2012 i7 1TB handles photo editing very well for me, but I'm using Capture NX2, rather than Lightroom, and I'm working on D800 files (36 MP). For what it's worth, there's lots of great things to say about CNX2, but it's notoriously pig slow.* Yet it's OK on the mini. I think you'll be very happy.

*CNX2 does not "import" images like Outlook "imports" appointments. It makes use of images like Word makes use of Word documents and leave them in their directories. That means each file must be actually opened, manipulated, re-encoded and re-saved. This Mac Mini still does a very nice job of this laborious task. Lightroom imports the files and manipulates them in a more efficient manner (if you don't mind that they were imported, which I do.)

And the computer looks great.

Thanks that is very helpful information.

I might just take the plunge.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow