Tamron "Legacy" SP 90mm f/2.5 Macro Is A Winner!

Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
fotowbert
Senior MemberPosts: 1,177Gear list
Like?
Tamron 01F aperture readout
In reply to declan79, Aug 18, 2013

I believe you are referring to the two aperture readouts, the one on the lens and the other on the 01F.

The Tamron 01F aperture readout shows the effective aperture when using the tele converter with its 2 stop light loss.  When the lens aperture set at f/4 the converter's aperture readout indicates f/8.

The Tamron extension tube 18F for the 90mm f/2.5 adaptall lens does not have its own aperture readout or glass elements.  (I have both the 01F and 18F)

With either of these units TTL exposure metering compensates for the light loss and then you fine tune the exposure based upon the histogram.

• John

declan79 wrote:

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Declan_26/20130818_161243_zps03c546c3.jpg[/IMG]

I tried to get some quality macro just before heavy rain, then I figured it out that at this moment I've tried to put it right twice but it seems stay the same... When the aperture is set to 2.5, the 01f combo is on 1stop after (4).

Is it right?

fotowbert's gear list:fotowbert's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Canon PowerShot S95 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow