Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mp2011
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Re: Why you love your DSLR
In reply to Rob Sims, 8 months ago

Rob Sims wrote:

mp2011 wrote:

The cameras I see people have the strongest emotional attachment to are the 5D classic, and the D700. I hope someday I get to the point where I have a camera that works really well as a tool for me that I also feel really attached to in that way. It is NOT the 5DMIII, and I can't imagine it would be the SL1.

Funnily enough, I had an emotional attachment to my D700... sold last week. Even though I'd hardly picked it up in the last 6 months due to a full time move over to mirrorless, it was still slightly painful letting it go.

I think it probably comes down to having used it to capture so many memories over the last 5 years (owned since launch end 2008!), and the worry that it's not something that'll be easily replaced if I change my mind later down the road. Best camera I ever bought, and never had G.A.S. over those 5 years.

I do love a lot of photos taken with the D700, and I have a feeling that if there was an updated version of the D700, I would seriously consider buying it. And I could maybe even love it. No interest in the D600 or D800 though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow