Why you love your DSLR

Started Aug 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,648Gear list
Like?
Re: Hand-filling grip helps to get the shot I want.
In reply to paulj623, Aug 18, 2013

Whether it is a camera or a pistol, a hand-filling grip helps me get the shot I want. A bit of weight can help, too, especially if well-balanced. Training and familiarity can help overcome bad ergonomics, but if one starts with a good fit, that is one less impediment to a desirable outcome. (See my signature line to see why I used the pistol-shooting example; nothing political was intended.)

Weather/dust-resistance is important for some of my shooting. SLR systems are, generally, better for some environments, though there is at least one CSC/MILC that has sealing, and rumors of more in the future.

Then, of course, there are the lenses and flashguns. Nikon and Canon both make wonderful lenses and flashguns, and my range of photography includes low-light/night shooting as well as distant birds, for which the CSC/MILCs are not best-suited, at least at this point in time. I am not opposed to compact cameras. My last purchase was a Nikon Coolpix A, and I have been following the Fuji X Pro-1 and its lenses, with interest, especially for future air and rail travel, to keep luggage to a minimum. Notably, the X Pro-1 has a quite good grip for my right hand.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow