Olympus 75-300 mm - shooting closer

Started Aug 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
kaw209
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 75-300 mm - shooting closer
In reply to Anders W, Aug 18, 2013

Hey Judy,

I'll cast a second vote for the Raynox 150 (I think the 250 might be too strong on that lens, but maybe not).  Anyway, I've recently started using the 150 on my Panny 100-300 for macro shots and I've been very pleased with the results.  This was taken at 300mm with the Raynox 150 (and is not cropped).

It was a *tiny* baby tree frog (~1/2"), so using the Raynox 150 with your lens at 75mm might just give you the magnification and close-focusing distance your looking for.  Other advantages to the Raynox 150:  relatively inexpensive, and it comes with a clip-on adapter so you can quickly and easily add/remove it from your camera (an advantage over using extension tubes).

FYI, most of the recent macros on my Flickr page are taken with this lens combo.

-- hide signature --

Kim
If everything happens for a reason, what's the reason?!
http://flickr.com/photos/kaw209

kaw209's gear list:kaw209's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow