Started Aug 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,214Gear list
Like?
What do you do when you loose "it"
Aug 17, 2013

I am coming up to my 2nd "anniversary" of taking up photography. I feel I have done reasonably well with the actual workings of my camera, exposure etc, but lately I have noticed that I have just been taking "snaps", if you know what I mean. I have had a lot of health problems over the years, & photography has helped me cope, I threw myself into it. I now feel that my imagination for capturing an image is just not there. I seem to be pointing the camera & "this is a flower, this is my cat this is......" you know what I mean? I see lots of really interesting shots of otherwise mundane things, yet when I look around, I simply can't see the shots others seem to be able to. I don't know if I need a complete break from my camera, or is there a "way" of reviving my imagination? What, if anything do you do when you loose "it", the ability to see a shot. It's becoming a little frustrating.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.
"I'm so fast, when I turn off the light, i'm in bed before the room gets dark" The great Mohamed Ali.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow