What strap for your X camera?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Indulis Bernsteins
Regular MemberPosts: 351Gear list
Like?
Re: What strap for your X camera?
In reply to Jeff Charles, 8 months ago

Jeff Charles wrote:

For my X100, I wanted something simple to prevent the camera from falling if it slips out of my right hand, and a neck strap for when I need both hands free. I've tried a number of different straps since I got the camera, and I've finally settled on two Optech products:

Compact Sling

Finger Cuff

I use the Finger Cuff on the little finger of my right hand, and I attach the compact sling when I need a neck strap. The mini QD connector makes it easy to attach and detach the sling, but I never remove the Finger Cuff.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Please proceed..."

This is exactly the combination I use, it works really well! The only thing which I added was another "female" QD connector on the sling end near the camera, so I can make that end into a "loop" that ties in with the Finger Cuff and keeps them both out of the way.

Additional Mini QD female connector added to sling end small strap

PS the optech straps are so cheap it is worth buying a couple of extra connectors, finger cuffs, and even a sling strap (in my experience the sling is not built to survive a night of dance floor moves while still holding the camera).

Indulis Bernsteins's gear list:Indulis Bernsteins's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow