Why you love your DSLR

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
wchutt
Senior MemberPosts: 1,217Gear list
Like?
Because of $$$$$ that's all
In reply to paulj623, 11 months ago

My DSLR is a tool to make money. This is why I love it. I would make less money without one.

The other day I shot an exterior at dusk for a client. The D700 with a Nikkor 16-35/4 was mounted on a sturdy tripod and I made a few shots. While I waited for the light to change I picked up my Fuji X-Pro 1 with the 14/2.8 attached and walked around taking some shots at different angles and distances. My client asked me "Why are you using your P&S? I thought I was hiring a pro?" He laughed because we've worked together for years. But most clients expect you to use a heavy, large, loud, camera with a huge lens. This seems to make them feel good.

Guess what? The Fuji images were every bit as good at the Nikon's. I doubt anyone could tell the difference.

I hate everything about my DSLR's except that clients are impressed by them and bring me repeat business.  I an envious of anyone who doesn't think professional photography does not involve some degree of show business. Their clients are more sophisticated than mine.

If I shot sports I know I'd feel differently. If shot a couple of thousand frames a day, 5 days a week for 40 or so weeks a year I know I'd feel differently. But I get no joy when I pick up my DSLR. WHen I pick up the FujI I smile inside..

wchutt's gear list:wchutt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow