Why you love your DSLR

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,310Gear list
Like?
Re: Why you love your DSLR
In reply to paulj623, 8 months ago

paulj623 wrote:

Well I started this thread so I will comment. I currently shoot with a FF dslr and I do have a NEX 6. The things I like about the dslr is 1. Quality is incredible with 5D3 2. Lens selection 3. The feel of a camera and being able to quickly adjust settings when shooting kids or anything for that matter. 4. Viewfinder 5. Once again the feel of the camera in your hands.

I have stressed this many times. Many say about carrying something big and heavy. I use to agree till I got a black rapid sling strap. Now with the FF dslr and my 24-105L with this strap I barely notice I am carrying a camera. With the standard strap I agree.

Yea, I've really enjoyed the 1D, 10D, 20D, 40D, 5D 5D2, for all the reasons one would. I've been just as pleased with using them as I am µ4/3 right now, for different reasons (of course, it's a different format).

Nothing about any of this says anything about how well either of us apply our tools - it only speaks of our respective enjoyment of field practices. We both could be the most pedestrian producers of photographs that ever lived - and our respective kits are just wasted on us. When others see our photos, they won't be judging our gear. . . interest in the kit used might come if the photos inspire or impress.   Got anything like that?

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow