On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Olymore
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055Gear list
Like?
Re: Agree with you there
In reply to dave gaines, 8 months ago

I think that's what you should do if you want a larger body and are not interested in an EVF.

And a large number of ex four thirds users have already done so, though some also use M43 as their smaller system and post in that forum.

Remember though that people used to use cameras like the OM series with large lenses and the addition of a decent grip and a slightly larger body would actually make the new OM-D an equivalent size to the older cameras with a motordrive attached.

The other advantage for me is the new EVF (VF-4)which is supposed to very good indeed and gives a much larger view than is practically achievable with any four thirds SLR camera. Equivalent to a Nikon D3 or Canon 1DX.

And I really miss the big bright viewfinders of my Olympus OM cameras.

One other comment. If you move to Nikon or Canon or Pentax you would have a learning curve getting used to new menus, button layout and features.

It's the same with M43.

I think some people pick up an M43 camera in a shop, play with it for 5 minutes and dismiss it because it is not instantly familiar.

They would be more tolerant of other brands.

It doesn't take long to adapt and I personally find moving back to a dSLR a strange experience now. I keep on expecting to see the histogram in the viewfinder and find the buttons very far apart.

Olymore's gear list:Olymore's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow