Why you love your DSLR

Started Aug 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
FrankyM
Senior MemberPosts: 2,169Gear list
Like?
Re: Why you love your DSLR
In reply to paulj623, Aug 17, 2013

paulj623 wrote:

Well I started this thread so I will comment. I currently shoot with a FF dslr and I do have a NEX 6. The things I like about the dslr is 1. Quality is incredible with 5D3 2. Lens selection 3. The feel of a camera and being able to quickly adjust settings when shooting kids or anything for that matter. 4. Viewfinder 5. Once again the feel of the camera in your hands.

I have stressed this many times. Many say about carrying something big and heavy. I use to agree till I got a black rapid sling strap. Now with the FF dslr and my 24-105L with this strap I barely notice I am carrying a camera. With the standard strap I agree.

I appreciate the emotional attachment you have for your DSLR. The point I was trying to make is that I don't personally like carrying a lot of gear on holiday. It's more to do with how I approach photography than the gear itself.

Having said that I find that the OMD (with the grip) has a wonderful 'feel' too and great IQ so in that sense I don't miss a DSLR-

FrankyM's gear list:FrankyM's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow