Started Aug 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,821Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking to purchase dslr for minus temperatures
In reply to spytrek007, Aug 17, 2013

spytrek007 wrote:

JamieTux wrote:

That's exactly the conditions I've used the cameras I mentioned in my post above.

The cameras you mentioned were the Nikon D70, Sony Nex, Sony A900 and the Olympus OMD.

I think that the only one that was classed as weather resistant was the OMD - the others all coped absolutely fine though.  I used the a900 and Nex 5 up in Skye for a few days where the temperature didn't get close to 0 and we got caught in some pretty horrible snow storms too.  The D70 had an easier time, the snow had already fallen and I only used it for an hour or so but the temperature was about -15.  The OMD was just used in the freakishly cold weather we had at the beginning of this year in the south of the UK.  That one actually kept switching to the EVF instead of back screen due to the condensation build up making it think that I had my eye there.

I wondering are the cameras classed as weather resistance? I have not done any research on these cameras but initially I was considering a sony a390 which is a good camera with plastic body. I assume that in extreme conditions of sand/dust, snow, water or light rain, a camera like the A390 will not work.

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow