XZ1 for dance festival or...?

Started Aug 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steven Wandy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,845Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ1 for dance festival or...?
In reply to lucky 13, Aug 17, 2013

Assuming that the venue has no restrictions on cameras, I would probably still not take the XZ-1. While it is great in low light and the digital zoom works very well if you are not close, I think that the shutter delay (time between shutter press and the shot being taken) like in most compact cameras would make you miss a lot of shots. You could try by pre-focusing (either using the half-press of the shutter button or manually focusing) and trying to anticipate the movement. Or set the camera for multiple shots and hope for the best. But I think either of the other cameras - again depending on where you are seated AND assuming that the venue has no restrictions on cameras. At lot of theaters (I am assuming this is not an outdoor event) restrict the type of camera you can bring in. I have used the XZ-1 (and now the XZ-2) at concerts, so I know it can perform well, but not sure how it would deal with dancers.

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow