Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Memory Leak
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Is 24 TS-E II that good?
Aug 17, 2013

A little background... I already have 24-70 II and tried 24 II and was not impressed with it (way too soft, soft corners, etc). I have my eye on the tilt shift for some time now, but reading the "not so good" reviews in B&H, I'm a bit concerned. It seems like a lot of people complain about similar things:

* The poor build quality

* The knobs that loosen and fall off

* Distortion

* CA

* Softness when the lens is shifted

Please see it yourselves, none of this is my interpretation : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/606804-USA/Canon_3552B002_TS_E_24mm_f_3_5L_II.html Make sure you sort by "Lowest Rating".

I have had my 24-70 II for about 10 months now, basically since it was released and I am not really happy with it. There is way too much distortion and CA to begin with and corner sharpness is just not acceptable for landscape work - at least not for me. I do a lot of 20 x 30 (and even 24 x 36) prints and @ 24mm, the zoom is really not delivering for me. I am happy to get the tilt shift and I almost did, but these reviews are worrying me.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow