Started Aug 17, 2013 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Memory Leak
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Is 24 TS-E II that good?
Aug 17, 2013

A little background... I already have 24-70 II and tried 24 II and was not impressed with it (way too soft, soft corners, etc). I have my eye on the tilt shift for some time now, but reading the "not so good" reviews in B&H, I'm a bit concerned. It seems like a lot of people complain about similar things:

* The poor build quality

* The knobs that loosen and fall off

* Distortion

* CA

* Softness when the lens is shifted

Please see it yourselves, none of this is my interpretation : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/606804-USA/Canon_3552B002_TS_E_24mm_f_3_5L_II.html Make sure you sort by "Lowest Rating".

I have had my 24-70 II for about 10 months now, basically since it was released and I am not really happy with it. There is way too much distortion and CA to begin with and corner sharpness is just not acceptable for landscape work - at least not for me. I do a lot of 20 x 30 (and even 24 x 36) prints and @ 24mm, the zoom is really not delivering for me. I am happy to get the tilt shift and I almost did, but these reviews are worrying me.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow