Adobe Camera RAW Question

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jackkurtz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,236Gear list
Like?
Re: Adobe Camera RAW Question
In reply to Colin Smith1, 11 months ago

I also gave up on Photoshop when Adobe moved to the CC business model. But I had pretty much already given up on Photoshop (going back to CS4) because Lightroom does all I need.

I convert my raw files to dng on import and it works fine, aside from the extra time it takes. (When I am on deadline, I import the .cr2 files and do the dng conversion at the end of the editing process.)

LR is not a part of the cloud and at $150, $99 for upgrades, (US) it’s not terribly expensive. Even if you don’t use it’s archiving/cataloging/organizational tools it’s a very capable image editor and could replace Bridge as your browser (if you’re just working with image files, which I’m assuming is the case).

I moved 100% of my workflow over to LR years ago and it’s the best thing I ever did. (Disclaimer: I am a photojournalist / travel photographer and don’t do a huge amount of post processing and I don’t do any compositing or HDR photography, so my needs are more basics than many others).

jackkurtz's gear list:jackkurtz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus PEN E-P5 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow