Contributing MemberPosts: 575
Like?
Re: OMD E-M5 microphone for concerts?
In reply to mr pina, Aug 17, 2013

mr pina wrote:

hifi wrote:

mr pina wrote:

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I went to a concert and filmed some footage but the sound got distorted. I guess it's because the built-in microphones can't handle the sound. Does anyone have experience with attached external microphones for concerts? I prefer a rather small one that doesn't add too much bulk...

Here is a recent thread:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51879365

If you can live with the size, then highly recommend the Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro. Sounds like you would still need the Oly SEMA-1 to allow for a microphone input. You could try out the mic that comes with the SEMA-1, and then upgrade to the Rode if necessary.

indeed, I still need the SEMA-1. But the VideoMic Pro look a bit too 'pro', overkill for what I would like to use it for: just record some concerts. It's just a shame that the sound is distorted. I was thinking, maybe I could use a voice recorder like the Zoom, and hold it in my hand or something? But I don't know whether it's possible to sync the sound of the camera with the voice recorder

You can sync audio and video with some video programs. I know imovie has that ability.

-- hide signature --

www.ronhartman.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow