On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,135Gear list
Like?
Agree with you there
In reply to Olymore, 11 months ago

I agree with what you said. Yes, I used to shoot with ASA 25 Kodachrome. Wanting ISO 32,000  is absurd. There's so little contrast in that kind of low light it's hardly worth shooting. I agree with your comments except for this idea you closed with:

"So, it's not about hating or bashing four thirds, it's about making the best use of what we've got, grabbbing the lifeline of M43 and being able to continue using our zuiko lenses with the latest technology."

I haven't seen any MILC yet that can match the E-5 in creative control, AF and CAF speed or sized to handle HG and SHG lenses. If Olympus doesn't offer another DSLR I think a lot of people will leave 4/3 for other brands. I will not invest in another set of lenses after Olympus left all those great OM legacy lenses for the 35 mm film format behind and then if they abandon 4/3, while offering MILC as a compromise. But my E-5 still has a few years of good life left in it.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow