Forgottenbutnotgone
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
Re: The 3 Muskateers & 3 year old quotes
In reply to dave gaines, Aug 16, 2013

dave gaines wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

According to who those who post in this forum must post nothing but praise?

¿I think I know what you meant? Yes, that would be a good start. What I object to is the negative comments about 4/3 DSLRs, as if a m4/3 could replace an E-5.

Good luck with stopping people from expressing their negative sentiments just to satisfy your disliking for them. Your best option is to move on to other threads or forums yourself rather than trying to control people you have no control over.

No one here knows if and when there will be another E-x. Most of us regulars here are hoping for one this year.

Hope and 2 cents will get you exactly 2 cents. A whole lot of those who are complaining are hoping for the same thing you are. If Olympus came out with the ultimate E-7 today, it still would not make up for the hell they have put their loyal consumers through in the mean time, though it would definitely buy MY forgiveness.

You and others in this thread want a better OM-D and you're repeating what 4/3Rumors is speculating. You've all repeated it so many times you beliieve it yourself. Everyone's wishful thinking doesn't make it real. It's like WMD in Iraq.

The exact same can be said for those of you who insist that Olympus promised to make another DSLR. Your wishful thinking makes no more sense than anyone elses.

Don't expect much more than what the E-P5 has to offer. If they do make a stab at PDAF it won't be any better than any other current MILC has to offer.

And what sources do YOU have for making that statement?

You've said that a couple of times. You eluded to an unoffical meeting that was secretly reported to have happened.

No, I didn't "elude" to an unofficial meeting that was secretly reported- I posted the darn slides that showed it...

What slides? My question was, show me where anything official or newsworthy was stated. If you have slides from Olympus I must have missed that. Darn. I'd like to see them.

.... Here, from Mr. Terada-san's own mouth:

http://www.biofos.com/esystem/q&a_terada.html

That interview is almost 3 years old! Geeze Louise!

Geeze Louise? What have you heard since then that positively states that Olympus WILL, not MIGHT, come out with an updated E-5? Your premise is just as much speculation as anyone else's.

R&R, development and marketing is dynamic. It changes as the market changes. What was said 3 years ago does not predict what will happen now. For example, look at what Terada-san said about developing the E-3/E-5 body design.

What exactly did he say?

... These are two different systems.

Yes, but Olympus said *one*, not two. Olympus said many things over the years ...

Yes, and look at what was said most recently. Go back in the News here on dpreview to mid-February. It only takes a minute to find what Tereda said about the two systems.

Be specific. Where did he say that there would unequivocally be an E-7? You demand sources of others, where are yours? And don't say look it up, show exactly where it was said that an E-7 WILL come out this year.

Given Olympus financial position and 4/3rds market position, sounds quite a sensible business move with the added advantage that we do get good lens-body support.

No one knows what is a good business move for Olympus. That's the realm of the corporate inner circle. They did say several times in the past that they were focused on developing m4/3. In your Oct., 2010 article Terada said they didn't have the money to develop both simultaneously. A lot has changed since then, like Sony aquiring a large stake in Olympus. And after 3 years on the market, 4/3 users are not happy with the ergonomics and performance of 4/3 lenses on m4/3 bodies.

Ok, so since then, have they said that NOW they will DEFINITELY build an updated DSLR? If not, your expectations are based just as much on speculation as those you seem to like to criticize.

You are a nobody to tell me anything about the forum- you don't own it. But it is not my intention to follow so, fair on that.

You don't own the thread. You started it. It's gotten ugly. It's coming down hard on 4/3 DSLRs. I've responded. I will post where I please. I try to be fair and honest and just stick to what we know, not what has been speculated. I also try to avoid personal attacks.

The difference is that you thus far have been the only one to ACT like you own anything. You are quick to tell OTHERS where to post, yet your words above say that YOU will post where YOU please. Go ahead, post where you please, but STOP telling everyone else WHERE they can post.

Don't expect the next OM-D to be faster at AF wih 4/3 lenses than an E-5. No one has accomplished that yet and it's not likely to happen now

No one knows what features the next OM-D will have. There's a lot of speculation but no hard facts - no announcement from Olympus.

No one even knows that there will be an E-7. Even the name is pure speculation. So somehow, your speculation is superior to the speculation of others...because YOU said so?

The issue once again is not what 4/3rds users may want - it's what Olympus can do to make a profit.

The question is, regardless of what m4/3 adopters want, what will the next OM-D really be capable of. No one will know until it's announced and we get time to test it ourselves.

That's a revelation that no one understood until you came along and pointed it out?

Again, the economics of Olympus camera division is at the discretion of Corporate Olympus. We don't know what they value. If profit were the only motivation they might quit making cameras all together.

One could only speculate...

... Whenever you see the 4/3rds telephoto macro lens finished in development and sold, then I will agree with you 4/3rds will carry on.

Well, that is absurd. You know that's not going to happen. The 100 mm macro has been off the table since before the E-5 was released.

That's not absurd for a camera company COMMITTED to 4/3's.

.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...l

Now that is funny!

It's only funny to those of us who CAN'T because our equipment won't let us.

Robert

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow