Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,393Gear list
Like?
Re: EF-X20 flash is a champ!
In reply to John Davis1, 11 months ago

John Davis1 wrote:

javaone360 wrote:

I got the EF-X20 today. It has a solid feel (has some weight), and it also has a metal finish. The bottom of the flash has soft material which will not scratch the X-Pro1 body.

It matches the X-Pro1 extremely well (retro style). It can be functioned as a slave flash. It can also switch between 20mm and 28mm coverage. The best thing is the dial for TTL or manual EV compensation on the top of the flash. As a filled flash, it is very good. I need to find a way to diffuse the light if I am using it indoor.

Can the X-E1 pop up flash trigger the EF-X20? Or does one have to use the Canon cable being mentioned? Thanks!!

-- hide signature --

John

Yes, it will trigger the X20, but you lose the TTL exposure control, so you'll have to do some experimenting or calculating to get it just right.

The advantage of the Canon cable is that you can bounce and change the angle while preserving TTL exposure control.  It nails the exposure nicely!

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow