Why you love your DSLR

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
Sensor and lens mount
In reply to paulj623, 11 months ago

As long as it accepts my lenses and has or exceeds 5D3 image quality and can get the best possible focus (live view is sufficient), I don't care if its DSLR or not.

My EOSM almost qualifies, but for sensor size and the resulting image quality. 14mm FF is part of why I need FF. I don't think any of the 10mm crop lenses match my 14 Samyang or 16-35.

I suspect we will see a full frame EF mount non SLR in the future. Size and weight are not important enough. My EOSM with a 22 fits in my pocket, but If I mount one of my EF zooms or Primes, it hardly matters.

-- hide signature --

What I see when I open the image and view it at 100% is very important to my overall attitude toward a final print. When I look at the print I know what’s there and what I had to do to get there. For me, good enough does not work.
http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/
Ben

Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow