Why you love your DSLR

Started Aug 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
liquid stereo
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,079Gear list
Like?
Ergonomics and L lens catalog
In reply to paulj623, Aug 16, 2013

paulj623 wrote:

There have been a lot of threads lately about never using a dslr again and going mirrorless etc. besides a fast auto focus of the dslr please share more reasons why you love your dslr and have chosen to use it as your main camera as well. I think it is funny that people say they want to leave their best cameras home for vacation which is the opportunity to get your best once in a lifetime shots.

The DSLR is truly fantastic for sports & wildlife. The aforementioned dead-fast AF — continuous, predictive, etc. — when coupled to the excellent ergonomics makes it a very reliable solution. When one takes into account Canon's excellent lens catalog of fast telephotos... its truly amazing.

What some fail to get/realize/understand is that its not so much about the camera as it is about the solution. The solution consists of the camera + lens  and it arrives in the context of a "problem". My problem is sports and wildlife. (I don't use my DSLR for portraiture. I don't use it for landscapes. For those things I use my Fuji X-Pro1.)

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow