This might be old news. Pocket lint published a thorough review of the GX7 and....

Started Aug 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike C
Senior MemberPosts: 1,789Gear list
Like?
This might be old news. Pocket lint published a thorough review of the GX7 and....
Aug 16, 2013

Based on the PL review, I would expect a high silver rating in the DPR review. It was rated at four and a third stars by Pocket-Lint.

The discussion of the sensor was surprising. I inferred that the new sensor did not live up to the hype. PL compared the new Panny sensor with the  sensor in  the Olympus flagship model.

They reflected on color noise at high ISO's.  I use DXO, so that likely won't be an issue.

Battery life was a concern. My GX1 was hard on batteries. So, I already have three spares ready to go for the GX7.  I'm currently wait listed at Roberts.

-- hide signature --

Mike C
Denver, CO

Mike C's gear list:Mike C's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 DxO Optics Pro Standard +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow