ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Giovanni_1968
Senior MemberPosts: 1,344Gear list
Like?
The wide angle debate
Aug 16, 2013

Ok,

here we go again, I left APS-C to FF and as such the only wide angle lens I have is not suitable any longer, the 10-24DX works fine on my Fuji but it would be stupid to keep using the APS-C sensor whilst I have the FF D800 one so I am in the process, in a month or little more, to sell the 10-24DX and save for a FF lens but lot of doubts, the candidate would be the 16-35 but distortions at wide end are downpulling, I read a lot of both good and bad about this lens, seems a matter of luck and as such it seems that legendary Nikon quality control is left to users and I can't bother to send it back etc etc; the new 18-35 might be the good candidate, even though 2mm shorter those are the 2 where the 16-35 is not that good, I don't mind fixed aperture but I do mind a bit construction quality besides quality along the frame; the 14-24 is not even barely considered, I should wait 6-12 months to gather money to afford it and I am not a pro so I would not really make anything out of it if not to satisfy my ego (you know, big mobiles, big screens, big boats, big watch and big lenses they all seem to boost egos...) but I know that would be a forever lens.

This said, what about primes, say between 15 and 20mm, anything worth the pain (besides the old 20AF-D)?

thank you

-- hide signature --

Giovanni
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
FujiS5 Nikon D800 Panasonic L1 shooter

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow