Second Studio Shoot (Looking for Honest C&C so feel free to tear me apart on this one)

Started Aug 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Henry Stamm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,089
Like?
Re: Second Studio Shoot (Looking for Honest C&C so feel free to tear me apart on this one)
In reply to Albino_BlacMan, Aug 16, 2013

1st and 4th, to me, are generally interesting.  Double catchlights in first are not a problem, but are a bit distracting to me in the 4th.  But then, I'm bothered by double catchlights or ring light effects in high fashion rags, too. The light is not flat, but it is a bit too even.  Lower the power on one side quite a bit, or put them on one side only.  Maybe only shoot with one. Perhaps position your subject further away from the background. Her clothes are not boring, but do try to encourage her to put on different faces.  The one hand hair wash shot doesn't work because her legs are chopped off.  This pose works better with at least 3/4 length showing and with hips "kicked" out to one side.  Or crop the heck out of it so that not so much white space surrounds her.  And about the eyes:  I'm not bothered by uneven size, but do sharpen them in post.  That would instantly improve the outcome.

/http://hestamm.smugmug.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow