Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Deleting a selected area in Photoshop
11 months ago

I was watching a tutorial on Photoshop layers when the instructor said that if you select an area on a photo you can delete the selected area by pressing the Backspace key. Since there is no backspace key on the Mac I decided to check to see how you could do this using a key press on the Mac.

The delete key on the mac does not do this on the mac and neither does pairing the delete key with the Command, Control or Alt keys. I also tried the arrow keys paired with the Command, Control and Alt keys, but they do not work either.

I had been under the impression that all functionality on the PC as regards Photoshop was duplicated on the Mac but I cannot seem to find the Mac analog to this functionality on the PC. Can anyone help me?

Let me say that I know how to do this using dialog windows. What I am searching for is a simple key press. I can, and do, use the dialog box solution but I would like to continue thinking that all PC functionality as regards Photoshop is duplicated on the Mac.

Thanks.

ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow