FZ250 in a few weeks?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Sonyshine
Senior MemberPosts: 3,511Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ250 in a few weeks?
In reply to Einst Stein, 8 months ago

Einst Stein wrote:

I completely agree with you. The larger sensor with the adequate lens should have better IQ than a smaller sensor with similar lens.

But my point in the early post is, a larger sensor with inadequate lens could perform worse than a smaller sensor with adequate lens. That's what I've seen between FZ200 and the APS-C with the low end kit lens that I compared with.

An APS-C sensor has about 1 stop low light low noise advantage compared to m43, and about 3 stops over FZ200, if everything else is equal. At the tele end, FZ200's wide aperture ut it self in a very shining position compared to the larger sensor camera. I don't think any APS-C kit lens or lenses of similar grade can reach FZ200's level of quality.

I think almost any kit lens on almost any APSC camera will out resolve a small sensor camera like the FZ200 if you start pixel peeping!

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow