On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,171Gear list
Like?
Good comments on E-x and m4/3
In reply to Olymore, Aug 15, 2013

Good comments Olymore. That seems fair and well rounded.

All of this presumption about the next m4/3 is based on rumors. Lot's of people are repeating them. After a while it becomes everyone's reality, until the bubble bursts. When Olympus makes an official announcement we'll all know what to expect.

There's no reason to believe that PDAF on sensor will work as well as any DSLR. It hasn't been achieved yet and I don't expect it right now. If Olympus can in the future that would be great.

Olympus may release a camera that attempts PDAF on sensor with limitted success. That might be good enough for a lot of people. It won't satisfy everyone and especially not those who want the performance of a DSLR. I'm in that later camp, as you know.

As I said to Ricardo below, the economics of Olympus cameras is the realm of corporate Olympus. We can't know what motivates them. Even the smartest of business miinds does not have enough info to know what's in Olympus's best interest.

Thanks for your post. One of us may even be right. We'll know very soon what's coming from Olympus.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow