Will the 4/3rds lenses go up in price?

Started Aug 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
citizenlouie
Contributing MemberPosts: 717Gear list
Like?
Re: Will the 4/3rds lenses go up in price?
In reply to completelyrandomstuff, Aug 15, 2013

completelyrandomstuff wrote:

Hi,

It seems like olympus won't produce a camera for my needs - ie something that can be held comfortably, can autofocus with 4/3rds lenses and costs less than $1500 for a body.

I got 14-54mm I, 11-22mm and 40-150 F3.5-4.5 and I am hoping to get around $600 for the three, which is pretty low compared to MSRPs.

Given that the new OM-D will breathe some life into the 4/3rds lenses, should I wait a couple months with selling them? Do you think the prices will rise?

I don't think 14-54mm MK I will go up in price.  Most people who want to use it with m4/3 will find MK II much better because it actually can do CDAF reasonably well.  If you don't want to migrate to m4/3, you might able to pick up a MK I for cheap.  MK II does have one more trick over MK I, due to the better aperture diaphragm (more pleasing bokeh).  I heard 11-22mm is a nice lens but I've not used it yet.  40-150mm has never been expensive nor in demand through out the years, so I don't expect it to go up in price, especially there are so many of them on the market.  But if you could get them all for $600, then go for it.

citizenlouie's gear list:citizenlouie's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow