If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,507
Like?
Re: If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?
In reply to Krich13, Aug 15, 2013

Krich13 wrote:

mr moonlight wrote:

Rod McD wrote:

If you read through the comments made at the introduction and review of the RX1, I think you'll find that there were significant numbers of people who wouldn't buy it because they didn't want to be confined to one FL, another (overlapping) bunch who want a BIEVF rather than an add on finder, and another bunch who simply lamented the cost. I think they'd be the key reasons....... I'd count myself as not being happy with the RX1 for all those reasons.

I have no data on the potential market for an IL version with a BIEVF, but from the interest, I'd say it's there......

Cheers, Rod

I feel that a lot of people felt similar about the X100...

And they still are. Both are extremely restrictive, and Fuji goes great length not to offer an interchangeable-lens pancake alternative to X100s.

I like Fuji zoom 18-55 well enough, may be will buy 10-24 when it comes out and Zeiss 32 is fantastic. Beyond that, I'll try to curb investment into Fuji system; wait and see what Sony (or Canon, or Nikon or anybody else) comes up with. I may be even be able to use my Nikon lenses on new Sony camera, provided focus peaking is well-implemented.

And yes, FF-Nex (or whatever the name will be) will hurt Fuji sales badly, no question about that.

I think the XP1, XE1 and XM1 are pretty good ILC alternatives to the X100s. The 27mm pancake is not too far off the 23mm.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow