Started Aug 12, 2013 | Photos thread
HakonD
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: First travel photos with X100S
In reply to nonicks, Aug 15, 2013

nonicks wrote:

Hi HakonD,

Very Nice pictures. I like them all. I am very excited about my new x100s which is on the way to me. I just wonder how close you can shoot without getting serious softness effect. I think the lens is sharp but show softness only if one shoots close up wide open?

Also the overall color of X100s is very nice. But do you think the overall picture color of the JPEG SOOC using default auto white balance carries a blue cast which easily makes the pictures a little dull, less pop and "less shine"? Just my observation from what I read and saw on the internet so far... but want to confirm if you are aware of the same.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Nonicks,

Thanks for your comments. In my limited experience, the softness issue applies to shooting in close-up mode with aperture at f/2 and f/2.8. Otherwise it is quite ok.

I have used auto-white balance only, and have found the colors to be quite pleasing, I have not noticed any bluish cast. A fun option is to use the "Film Bracketing" mode using the "Drive" button - you can set up the camera to generate 3 images from each shot, each image processed differently thereby simulating differet types of analog film such as Velvia etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow