Tamron "Legacy" SP 90mm f/2.5 Macro Is A Winner!

Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Beaverhelmet
Contributing MemberPosts: 565Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron "Legacy" SP 90mm f/2.5 Macro Is A Winner!
In reply to Bill McClung, Aug 15, 2013

I do fully agree on the sharpness part. And I love the exterior design of the 80s Tamron SP lenses. The black, industrial and serious look is appealing. In fact quite close to modern black E-mount lenses. I have several, from the fairly rare SP 17mm f/3.5 (51B) to the even rarer SP 300mm f/5.6 (54B). Not really valuable lenses, but not that common either.

There's one thing that should be pointed out about the SP 90mm f/2.5 (52B). It has an almost flat surface on the last lens element, which can cause some internal reflection issues with digital cameras. The light bounces off the shiny sensor surface and back to the lens and back again. This can be observed in some tricky light conditions as a faint blueish circle in the middle of the image. I have seen it a few times, mostly in outdoor shots. In a controlled environment this can easily be avoided.

For those who wants to read up on these smart Adaptall lenses, there is a great site about them: http://www.adaptall-2.org/

Beaverhelmet's gear list:Beaverhelmet's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow