On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 30,208
Like?
Re: Reply to Windsprite
In reply to britcam, Aug 15, 2013

britcam wrote:

Meanwhile I chose the Pentax route of IBIS, with a vast range of lenses available using the same K mount. As a package, it is now where I used to fondly imagine Oly might end up going .... My latest acquisition is a Pro quality FA 300/4.5, weighing just 930g and measuring just 16cm long. IQ on my AA free K5IIs, even at. ISO 1600, is remarkable..... And the primes .... well!

I think there is definitely still a market for a very high quality, high capability, small and compact DSLR system. The problem is that both the firms that did it have not quite managed to hit the mark. Pentax with the K5 hit the nail on the head for the camera, but their lens range doesn't quite hack it. Conversely Olympus has the lenses but consistently missed when it came to the cameras (at the top end). If one system had combined the two, it would have been successful, I'd think. Personally, I think a new top end Olympus DSLR could sell very well if very compact and with top end build, AF and frame rate, it would just need to be something else than an E-3 with yet another sensor.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow