If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,551Gear list
Like?
Re: If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, Aug 15, 2013

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

There seems to be more against a FF Fuji than for it. I guess we will see soon enough as a FF Nex is expected within a month or so. Also with a couple of Zeiss lenses released at the same time.

If its true its FF and in camera stabilised (so your legacy lenses are all now stabilised) and the menu system is improved plus a hot new Exmor sensor it could create quite a sensation. All for a camera 15% bigger than a normal Nex 7.

Seeing as a lot bought into X Trans system because of IQ and this are disciminating photographers I would have thought there would be more interest. But then cost is still unknown and that could be the big stopper.

Greg.

I think the issue is that people either aren't interested (are happy enough with APS-C) or have FF cameras already. It's difficult to justify the expense when there will undoubtedly be limited but expensive lenses at launch when one could buy a Nikon or Canon body with plenty of good, cheap FF lenses available right now.

No doubt there is some interest, but Sony will need to be in it for the long term to pull the crowds. I hope they have Oly as well as Zeiss designing lenses otherwise it will take too long to build a critical mass of lenses. They could take forever to release lenses for NEX because the P&S upgrader market didn't really demand much more than a kit zoom anyway - a FF purchaser is going to be more discerning...

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow