If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Austin101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410
Like?
Re: If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?
In reply to 57even, 11 months ago

57even wrote:

Samaistuin wrote:

BillyInya wrote:

It should all be all about image quality and performance.

For me I am not convinced full frame offers that much of an advantage anymore. IQ out of the X-Trans APS-C size sensor is ridiculously good and low light/high ISO performance is amazing. It is rivaling full frame on many levels.

If Fuji stay true to their roots, focusing on core image quality and performance, then I don't think they have anything to worry about short/medium term.

I have a feeling Sony will come to market with anything they feel will sell at the time. Mind you, this is certainly not a flawed modus operandi for any company but the clear and distinct advantages of full frame are simply no longer really there now Fuji have their X-Trans APS-C sensor. I know many will not agree but that's the way I see it.

Now, imagine for a split second that Fuji came up with an FF X-Trans.
I'm not sure you would still go with an APS-C sized sensor without any hesitation.

Sure I would. I already have a FF camera, I wanted something small and good. Whatever a FF Xtrans would look like it would still require much larger lenses and I would have to start a whole new collection... for what? Another stop of DR?

to give the same 50mm(ish) EQV a 50mm lens wouldn't have to be much or any larger than the current 35mm fuji lens, look at say the Nikon 35mm f1.8 DX lens, its pretty much the same size as the Nikon 50mm f1.8 FX lens and its actually larger than the Nikon 35mm f2 FX lens.

larger sensors ofter higher quality and more DR, that is a fact, if Fuji can do what they've done with an APS-C sensor then a FF sensor will be better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow