1022 future developments: I want to ask this BEFORE any new cameras are released

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,728Gear list
Like?
As I think of it
In reply to TrapperJohn, 11 months ago

TrapperJohn wrote:

The cold hard fact is... In the current situation, there is probably not enough of a market to fully support the development of a first rate 4/3 DSLR. Not today, not with Oly's limited resources, not with where E system sales are.

All I can say to the more stalwart is: open your mind and give the OMD-Pro a try. Judge based on fact, not innuendo. You may be pleasantly surprised. I had the same concerns I hear voiced around here: the EVF, the small size, the little buttons, handling. I found that, other than the slow AF, the concerns were not evident when I put HG and SHG onto a gripped OMD.

I think you you are right on both counts here. Smaller is what it should have been from the very start. After all it is the same sensor size, so you get the same look from it no matter how you turn it. The problem with it I see is that you (or whoever) will have to buy a whole new set of lenses for it again to use it effectively. Or how it was meant to be used. And that again, from the way things look, may or may not survive few years down the road. So where does it leave us then. And this is where I think you are right. For those who already have better lenses, trying out OM-D might not be a bad idea after all. Like I said, it is the same size sensor, so why not give it a try.

No ulterior motive in saying that - in fact I should encourage the doom and gloom, to get better prices on the ZD's that I'd like to get. Seriously - ZD on OMD worked far better than I expected it to.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow