Shooting landscapes with the G1-X...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 15,644Gear list
Like?
Re: Shooting landscapes with the G1-X...
In reply to J_dpr, 8 months ago

J_dpr wrote:

Nice photos - thanks for sharing. What kind of PP was applied to the photos? They look like HDR but would that be possible with moving waves etc.?

Thanks, the sea shots were on a tripod using a soft ND grads 4/8. I would have liked to slowed the shutter speed down even more but I didn't have the right filter with me. There is no HDR involved but the graduated filters ensure that you get a more balance exposure. I post process using Lightroom and Nik Dfine/Viveza/Colour Efex 4, it's a lot quicker and easier than photoshopping and gives me nice results with a minimal amount of time. The castle shot was also on tripod but I used an R72 infrared filter and then converted to mono. The G1X is great because I'm only dealing with one lens and hence the filter size is always 58mm, again, nice and easy 

-- hide signature --

667....neighbour of the beast.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow