Shooting landscapes with the G1-X...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 15,645Gear list
Like?
Re: Shooting landscapes with the G1-X...
In reply to aekn, 8 months ago

aekn wrote:

These are great! I have found the G1 X to be nothing short of amazing, and I've owned and used hundreds of cameras over the years. Nothing else comes close to the combination of versatility and image quality it provides.

I think so too.

I'm seriously hoping for a Mark II version with a 24-85L lens, same size or even full APS-C sensor with the newest technology, at least slightly closer min focusing distance, and slightly faster operating speed. Give me that in a refined (I don't mean smaller) package, and I'd be willing to pay $1200 for it.

A 24mm focal length would be very nice indeed but I wouldn't want to lose range. The existing range may well be the best compromise for the size of the sensor and I'm fine with that. It's shame Canon never developed a wide angle adaptor, I'd definitely be in for one of those.

-- hide signature --

667....neighbour of the beast.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow