On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,597Gear list
Like?
Re: On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid
In reply to jkrumm, 11 months ago

jkrumm wrote:

It's the Nex's and the Fuji's, not the DSLRs that are the main competition.

Anything at around the same price and similar sizes is competition. It doesn't go by category or technology.  I only mention it then in the context of a "bigger OMD."  If that's the direction they are going then I think it could be an issue, though the lenses are smaller.

It would be a step-up camera for current m43 users, and a possible draw for some "ready for mirrorless" users who are waiting for a more serious entry. If it's $1500 it will seem high compared to a dslr, but if it's at the top of the mirrorless heap performance wise, not so bad.

I understand that aspect but I really don't think different tech will matter. It's what the consumer feels they are getting at that price.  This is why I think small is important to keep as a key differentiator.

-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow