Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Re: Olympus 4/3 is alive and well
In reply to dave gaines, Aug 15, 2013

dave gaines wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

Olymore wrote:

... Still, you can sit there nursing your E5, waiting on the camera that will never arrive and complaining how real photographers use big bulky cameras, while the rest of the four thirds users migrate across to the new system.

Or you can accept that four thirds was a commercial failure and move on.

Your opinion of the E-5 and 4/3 in general is very dim. If you disslike every DSLR from the E-1 to the E-5 you should find a camera you do like and go post your negativity on their forum. For all it's worth (very little) your brand/system bashing is destructive and unwelcome on the Olympus SLR Talk forum.

I believe he is as entitled to express his opinion as you are with yours. You are nobody to tell him to get out of the forum for simply expressing his view of the system, and I believe you missed his view was actually quite optimistic.

Ricardo,

Yes, he is. It's just not welcome to say it here on a forum dedicated to Olympus SLR Talk.

Says you? You keep mentioning a "we on the Olympus Talk Forum". Who exactly is this we? Do you have like a parrot on your shoulder or something, because other than that the only opinion you represent is your own. I'm a member here and your opinion not only doesn't represent mine, it's consistently as irritating to me as apparently some opinions are to you. Olymore is not welcomed by you to discuss it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you represent a very small minority. Bearing that in mind I would hope that he would govern himself accordingly and ignore you.

Olymore's posts here for the last few days have all been bashing the 4/3 system. That's a matter of opinion and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. People who post here are beholders of 4/3 cameras and lenses. Why should he post that anti 4/3 talk here?

Why should you post your anti-Olymore talk here. Your definition of bashing differs greatly from that of many sane and reasonable people. Telling the truth is not bashing, especially the dismal truth about Olympus apparent abandonment of 4/3's. Note the word apparent. If they haven't abandoned 4/3's, they'd be hard pressed to find a better way of looking like they have. Having said that, if there is an E-7 in the pipeline, I'll be just as happy as you are, but that's a big if.

But Olympus has said many things, including one single beautiful system.
Raist3d/Ricardo

You've said that a couple of times. You eluded to an unoffical meeting that was secretly reported to have happened. Do you have anything official from Olympus? Do you have a link to a news story, other than a rumor site? Do you have more than a snippet taken out of context?

http://www.biofos.com/esystem/q&a_terada.html   Question 28.

How about you, Mr. Gaines? Do you have anything official from Olympus? Do YOU have a link to a news story other than Terada's cryptic replies? Do you have something more concrete, like an announcement of or possibly...an actual E-7? Since you apparently don't, how about doing me and others a favor? If you insist on demanding that one opinion doesn't belong here, let US decide which one we don't want to hear. Right about now the one I'm tired of is yours.

Micro 4/3 is one beautiiful system. Olympus 4/3 is one beautiful system. These are two different systems.

So you are at one hand taking others to task for not having credible information while on the other hand suggesting that the phrase "one beautiful system" in actuality referred to two beautiful systems? I'm getting more tired of yours.

You're following all of my posts, telling me there's no E-x upgrade on the way. No one knows that. You should stop harrassing me and the rest of this forum with your negativity

Please explain how expressing an opinion that is opposite yours is harrassment. Also please again take note that your negativity is harrassing me right now.

You've told me in another post today that I should ignore these destructive threads and not post in them. DSLR shooters like me are entitled to an opinion about 4/3 and the purpose of this forum - probably more than someone who's abandoned the E-system and is now a fan of another system, like m4/3. You and Olymore keep posting in favor of an OM-D, m4/3 MILC. This is the Olympus SLR Talk forum. Try not to disrupt it with your preferences for another system.

First of all it is only YOUR opinion that they are destructive. Second of all, you insist on ignoring the fact that the most destructive actions against this forum have not come from any poster but Olympus and their either lack of, or slowness of action in the 4/3's arena.

Olympus is on record as saying that they have concentrated their resources on m4/3's. It was also Terada who coined the phrase "one beautiful system". If Olympus as a company is seemingly, by some people's standards, leaning toward an OM-D, m4/3 MILC, you and your parrot may very well be disrupting Olympus' plans with your preferences for 2 systems.

Olympus 4/3 is alive and well. It will be for some time to come, no matter what is released next. The 4/3 system is faster, has PDAF, has an OVF, has more creative controls, ergonomics to support larger lenses and has much better optics than m4/3. The only thing an E-7 needs is a new sensor. Most people shooting primarily with the E-series don't believe a new OM-D represents the future for 4/3 lenses.

Wow. Ricardo has been saying that the E-5 needed a new sensor since the E-5 came out. He was all but burned at the stake for it. DpReview also said it, of all places in their review of the E-5. Though it was painfully obvious, the egos of a majority of E-series shooters did not want to admit it. Instead they resorted to treating people rudely, and trying to forbid people from posting their opinions, sort of like what you are choosing to do now.

Eventually though, a lot of people began to wake up and smell the coffee. They left and moved to other systems. The few that remain may not believe that a new OM-D represents the future we'd like to see for 4/3's lenses, but we are also painfully aware that that may be the direction Olympus moves is into. As such, we don't begrudge those that have already embraced the idea, even though we hold out hope that there will be an E-7, and we see how at the present time, such a discussion is relevant in THIS forum. We also respect YOUR opinion with one caveat. If you feel a need to decide that one opinion doesn't belong here, we reserve the right to choose which one. Right now it's not looking good for yours.

If you don't believe that you should ask yourself why you're posting on Olympus SLR Talk. I'm asking you why but it's just a rhetorical question, so there's no need to reply with another negative opinion.

Perhaps the question he should ask himself with is exactly who died and left you in charge.

Robert

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow