Started Aug 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,797Gear list
Like?
Falls Creek Falls (XF1)
Aug 15, 2013

Thanks to a suggestion from another DPR member (prime) we took a hike to Falls Creek Falls on the Washington side of the Columbia Gorge.  What a great hike!  Follows the creek all the way, so you have views even before you get to the falls.  And then... what a view!

I took three images of most scenes: XF1 at L setting, XF1 at M setting and DR 200%, and LX7 in A mode.  I have elected to not show the LX7 images here because it is such a different camera that I don't think comparisons are pertinent here.  But for the rest, I preferred the L images to the M images.

It is not my intention to start another L vs M thread, take your own pictures and see what you like best.  It is a personal preference, after all.  So I will post a few of my favorite images.  It is such a beautiful place I just want to share.

Along the creek on the way up

Top of the falls

And a "beauty shot"

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow