On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan
Dan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,213Gear list
Like?
Re: Why was it successful?
In reply to bobn2, 8 months ago

Didn't we just see what Nikon came out with...the 80 - 400 and it costs an arm and a leg.  Granted it truly is 400 mm and covers the whole FX sensor.  I won't be buying one soon.  If I was to get a zoom it would probably just be the 70 - 200 and maybe even the first one...had one for a bit and it was fine on the D3.

As things stand now I'm pretty happy with the following:

D800 and D3 with 16 mm fisheye, 24, 35, 2 - 50's, 85 1.4D, 135 DC, 200 f4 micro, 300 f4 AFS and 2X.  SB900 and two SB600's with TT5's and the SU800 to command them!

I too love the form factor of the 180 f2.8 (had a D) but found it's CA a little too strong and hence ended up selling it...the things are a bargain on FM...buy one, use for 2 or so months and resale at the same price...$400 to $450.

Olympus and I are down to bare bones an E3 and 50-200 SWD I picked up as a set and then I had to have something light so picked up the 50 f2.

Still thinking I'm kind of overstocked with lens and will probably move the D3, 85 or 135, and the 200. Heck I'd consider selling the D800 but the price has dropped just too much so I'll hang onto it...probably for a long time since I don't have any "athletes" left to shoot and don't burn through nearly as many actuations as I did in the past.

The Olympus stuff is already listed but I'm not constantly bumping it up on FM.

The D800 is really nice Julie but it's way more MP than I need...heck I got by with fairly large prints with the E1!  Tried the D700 for a bit and it was nice too...kind of wish Nikon had a F100 in an exact size/build match only digital...still got the F100.  Somehow the thing is solid as a rock and although some heft not crazy heavy...guess the film is lighter than silicon!

Anyhow, things are good and glad to hear from familiar faces/names every once in a while.

Dan

Dan's gear list:Dan's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow