Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 43,621Gear list
Like?
Re: Dave, Come on!
In reply to bigrgib, 11 months ago

bigrgib wrote:

Chato wrote:

Do you know anything about weight lifting competition? Well, I know very little. What I DO know is that there's no money to be made unless you're in the heavyweight divisions. Yet you talk as if I should have spent my life doing this.

No, no. You misread me. I'm just saying that you lie about your strength and that's very childish for an old man.

Should have perhaps gone out for the Olympics? Maybe found a sponsor? Went to a fancy university with a program? So, I know very little - You know nothing.

I was into lifting weights very briefly back in 1972 when I worked as an installation man for Atlantic Boiler. Complete waste of time...

Don't say that, Atlantic Boiler paid you, didn't the?

But just working for that company was "working out" eight, ten hours a day. The strongest man I ever met in my life, and a legend in the trade was a pencil thin guy whom we just called "Jonesey."

But what would you know about physical labor? As you've demonstrated with these posts - Nothing at all...

You sound like the guy who spends the day telling BS stories to the newbies, so we can safely assume that I know more about hard work, physical and intellectual, than you.

I will educate you about weight lifting...

Weight lifters come in all kinds of body types...

130 pound divisions

Different body types of weight lifers...

Body types

Me at the age of 26

And of course, an article about me taking on Two members of the TPF, and a hired goon from Kurmco...

I have no reason to BS about myself. And I realized as soon as you didn't PM me that you actually thought I was BSing. Of course, like anyone I may mispeak. On the other hand I NEVER BS.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow