1022 future developments: I want to ask this BEFORE any new cameras are released

Started Aug 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,720Gear list
Like?
Re: The future of Olympus SLR Talk is a premature question
In reply to dave gaines, Aug 14, 2013

dave gaines wrote:

The sooner all this speculation, guessing and wishful thinking stops the better. Have patience and wait a couple of weeks for Olympus to release a new camera or several cameras that answer all of our questions. Wait for an official announcement.

Dear Mr Gaines

I am not waiting for an Olympus announcement on 4/3's future, as it is irrelevant to my question.

My question comes with a big IF, and the answer should be quite simple - "yes", "no", "not in a hundred years", or such. This can be very well answered now, by pretty much everyone concerned.

dave gaines wrote:

If Olympus announces an OM-D Enthusiast's cam that can focus faster than any DSLR on the planet, a lot of us will still be shooting with our humble yet efficient E-5, E-3, E-30, E-620, E-520, E-420, E-330, .... E-1s - all the 4/3 DSLRs.

I will, too. With my E-1, E-5, L1, E-420, E-500, E-620 and hopefully my second E-5, which is currently on its way to me.

But "will you use your old cameras" was not the question I ask in this thread. The question asked is - will you oppose this "OM-D Enthusiast's" cam being discussed here ?

Also, let me ask you this specific question:

- If BOTH a new dslr and a non-dslr cameras are released (hey, you never know), BOTH being able to handle 4/3 lenses in an identical way - should they both be "allowed" in 1022, or just the dslr one ?

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-400 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow